To enhance security for your payments on the internet, we introduced the 3D Secure process MasterCard®SecureCode™ on Oct. 5, 2016.
It will help you to secure your purchases through your credit card, mobile phone or computer even better.
A short overview of the purchasing process:
- As usual, you buy something online with your credit card.
- You will receive a TAN to your mobile phone via text message. The TAN is only valid for this one purchase.
- A window confirming your purchase will appear on your screen.
- You check the details of the purchase for correctness both on the screen and in the text message and release the payment by answering an additional security question.
- High security standard
- Simple and fast
- No separate software needs to be installed
The TAN will only be sent by text message to the mobile phone number which is identical to the mobile phone number that you have registered with us in advance. So you can be sure that only you can use your credit card for online purchases. Only your account manager can change your mobile phone number for you. With the change-over to mTAN a new limit for your credit card will be implemented, the so-called “e-commerce limit”. The e-commerce limit specifically applies to payments on the internet. To be able to use your credit card straight away, we have pre-defined a limit of EUR1,000 for you. However, we will be delighted to change your e-commerce limit individually. Please sent a written request to your account manager. You can have your limit for internet purchases reduced to EUR0.00 if you are sure that your card is never used for payments on the internet. If you have questions while registering for the 3D Secure procedure MasterCard®SecureCode™ please contact our hotline +49 69 7933 - 2555 which is available 24/7.Please register in advance for the MasterCard® SecureCode™ Registration information